The thought of making homemade jam sends us running to the grocery store in order to avoid the great deal of work that is entailed in making traditional jam. Customarily homemade jam is time consuming and a great deal of work however freezer jam is delicious, super simple to make and won’t set you back more than 15 minutes from start to finish!
- 2 cups crushed fruit (such as strawberries, peaches, blueberries, raspberries, cherries...)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 package dry pectin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Crush Fruit. The fruits need to make up 2 cups after crushing not beforehand.
- Let fruits stand for 10 minutes.
- Drain excess juice from fruits to ensure that the jam is not too runny.
- In a bowl mix strawberries, lemon juice and pectin together
- Add sugar and mix well
- Fill jars or plastic containers* with well-fitted lids. Let stand at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Freezer jam will keep in the freezer up to 1 year and in the refrigerator up to 3 weeks