Chef Massimo's Roasted Pork with Milk Sauce
- 1 picnic pork roast (or 2 lbs. loin if you prefer lean)
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 cup white wine
- ½ litre milk
- butter as needed
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- oil as needed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 35% cream
- Preheat oven to 350˚f.
- Season the roast with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a roasting pan and add some oil and butter. Sear the roast well on all sides.
- Add to the pan all the vegetables, bay leaves and rosemary. Cook until translucent.
- Add wine and let it evaporate completely.
- Add the milk.
- Place in preheated oven and cook until the meat is done to your liking, turn the meat occasionally and make sure to not let it dry out too much. If needed add more milk and place tin foil over the roast.
- Remove the rosemary and bay leaves from the sauce.
- Add mustard and cream.
- Place in a blender, purée until creamy.
- Strain into a sauce pot and reboil.
- Add a nugget of butter and remove from heat.
- Cut the roast and pour sauce over it, serve with your favourite roasted vegetables.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
Photography by Stephani Buchman, As Seen In Canadian Home Trends Winter 2016
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.