Looking to add a little life to your home’s most popular space? Replacing old furniture, freshening up the paint colour and finding a new piece of art for the wall are great areas to focus on during a major reno. But if you’re simply looking for a quick and easy fix to spruce up your home for the holidays, these DIY lighting ideas will rejuvenate your living room in no time.
- Dim your lights. Your living room is the soul of your home. Whether you want to create the right mood, work, read or watch television, having the right light can make a big impact. Dimmable LED light bulbs allow you to adjust the amount of light you need throughout the day. For example, the warm glow dimming light effect of Philips’ LED light bulbs allows you to transition your living room from functional to inviting to cozy with the flick of a switch.
- Choose LED. These bulbs provide a beautiful warm white light, immediately creating a pleasant and peaceful atmosphere. As a bonus, LED light bulbs provide significant energy savings, using up to 90 per cent less energy than ordinary light bulbs. They also last longer and offer flicker-free light.
- Pick a light that offers flexibility. Some moments call for cool, energizing daylight ideal for working, while others like curling up on the couch for a movie need a cozy warm glow. An LED light bulb such as Philips’ SceneSwitch doesn’t require a dimmer or any additional installation — simply flip your existing light switch on for one kind of light, then off and on again for another until you achieve your desired ambiance.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Jo Alcorn’s Trends 2 Watch: Bathrooms - January 10, 2018
- Expert Advice: Getting the Best Bang for Your Bathroom Renovation Buck - January 10, 2018
- Accessing Your Home Equity: Remortgaging vs Home Equity Loans - January 2, 2018