Show your loved ones that you care and add some TLC to your holiday gifts with heartfelt baked goods. According to a recent survey, 76 per cent of Canadians agree that homemade gifts are more thoughtful than store bought gifts. This expert-tested recipe features an anything goes cookie dough, which produces soft and chewy cookies every time and can create endless custom cookie options using merry mix-ins. During the holiday season, whatever you bake, use Becel Buttery Taste margarine because it has 80 per cent less saturated fat than butter and contains no artificial colours, flavours, or preservatives.
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) Becel Buttery Taste margarine
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (204 g) creamy milk chocolate chunks
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cocoa
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Mix margarine with sugars in large bowl. Mix in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add in flour mixture; mix until blended. Stir in cocoa powder. Drop mixture by tablespoon on ungreased baking sheets 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Flatten slightly, then top with 3 chocolate chunks.
- Bake 7 minutes or until edges are set. Cool 2 minutes on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Gorgeous Solutions to Make Your Bathroom Lighting Stand Out - February 2, 2018
- Ask an Expert: Finding the Right Area Rug - February 2, 2018
- Ask the Expert: Renovate Before Selling? - February 2, 2018