Strapped for time in the morning but still want the family to start the day with a good breakfast? Prepare these Baked Egg Cups the night before and reheat for a quick weekday breakfast.
- 6 thin slices ham
- 18 baby spinach leaves
- 6 tsp crumbled goat cheese 30mL
- 6 eggs
- 6 tsp milk (1%) 30mL
- 2 tsp finely chopped chives 10mL
- 1/8 tsp black pepper 0.5 mL
- Spray bottoms and sides of 6-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Line inside of each muffin cup with ham. Place three spinach leaves over ham, then 1 tsp (5 mL) goat cheese over spinach. Carefully crack an egg over top. Spoon 1 tsp (5 mL) milk over each yolk. Sprinkle chives and pepper over top.
- Bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven until whites are set and yolks are cooked as desired, 18 to 20 minutes. Run knife around inside of each muffin cup, then remove.
* Instead of muffin tin, use six 1/2-cup (125 mL) ramekins or custard cups.
* Instead of spinach, use kale.
* Instead of ham, use smoked salmon.
* Instead of goat cheese, use feta cheese or grated hard cheese of your choice.
* Omit goat cheese. Over spinach leaves, place thin slice of tomato and slice of large white or cremini mushroom.
* Omit ham. Use more spinach leaves or a large kale leaf to line muffin cups.
* Omit goat cheese and milk; sprinkle grated Parmesan or Cheddar cheese over each egg before baking.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Getting Ready for IDS19 - January 14, 2019
- Furniture Staging Tips - January 14, 2019
- Design Trends and Real Estate: What You Need to Know - January 14, 2019