Blended Chicken Cheeseburgers
These chicken and mushroom burgers are flavourful, simple to make and offer a lighter alternative to a traditional beef burger.
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 lb. lean ground chicken
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic & herb seasoning
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 5 hamburger buns
- 5 slices of American cheese
- Toppings: Lettuce, tomato, onion, mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, pickles
- Place the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large bowl combine mushrooms, beef, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs and egg; mix all ingredients until incorporated. Form into 6 patties (1/3 lb), and cook either on the barbecue or on the stove-top until internal temperature reaches 160°F. During last minute of cooking, top patties with cheese. Keep warm until cheese begins to melt.
- Place patty on warmed bun and top with lettuce, tomato and red onion.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 4 Ways to Add Character to a Monochromatic Kitchen - May 25, 2018
- Ask an Expert: Refacing VS Refinishing a Kitchen - May 25, 2018
- Ask an Expert: Light, Airy & Interesting Kitchens - May 25, 2018