Ontario pears are ripe for picking in the late summer. Who needs delivery? Keep some pizza dough on hand to make a sweet and savoury meal the whole family will love.
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) all-purpose flour
- 4 portions frozen pizza dough, thawed overnight in refrigerator
- 200 mL (7/8 cup) brie, cut into thin slices
- 2 Bosc pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 160 mL (about 1-1/2 cups) grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices of prosciutto, finely chopped
- 120 mL (1/2 cup) finely chopped parsley
- Position racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 425F. Lightly spray 2 baking sheets with oil.
- Dust a counter with flour. Roll out each portion of dough into 8 inch-wide rounds. Top with brie slices, then pear slices. Brush tops of pizza and crust with oil. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching sheets halfway through, until bottom of crust is golden and cheese is melted, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle with prosciutto and parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Walmart Live Better.
For more summertime recipes or inspiration on how to incorporate fresh produce, like Ontario pears, into mealtime, head to www.walmart.ca/recipecentre. You can find fresh regional produce throughout the summer at Walmart.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Getting Ready for IDS19 - January 14, 2019
- Furniture Staging Tips - January 14, 2019
- Design Trends and Real Estate: What You Need to Know - January 14, 2019