It’s no secret that we spend more time hibernating at home during the winter, but that doesn’t mean that evenings have to be drab and dreary. The blustery winter months are the perfect time to bring family and friends together and entertain at home. Take your entertaining to the next level with in-season citrus cocktails using unique varietals of citrus that bring an exotic taste to a cozy night-in.
Citrus Fizz (Non-Alcoholic)
- 3/4 oz freshly squeezed Sunkist grapefruit juice
- 3/4 oz freshly squeezed Sunkist lemon juice
- 1 oz lavender syrup
- 3 oz soda
- Half-wheel of Sunkist grapefruit as garnish
Pour freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed lemon juice and lavender syrup into shaker and shake with ice. Strain into a glass with fresh ice. Top with soda and garnish with a half-wheel of grapefruit.
How to prepare the lavender syrup: Similar to a simple syrup, combine equal parts sugar and water and add 1/8 parts dried lavender flowers into a pot. Place the pot on the stove and bring the mixture up to simmer. Remove from heat and let rest for 20 minutes. Strain out dried lavender flowers.
- 3/4 oz tequila
- 1/4 oz St-Germain
- 3/4 oz freshly squeeze Sunkist pummelo juice
- 1/4 oz freshly squeezed Sunkist Meyer lemon juice
- 1/4 oz simple syrup
- 2 oz dry sparkling wine
- Pinch of salt
Pour tequila, St-Germain, freshly squeezed pummelo juice, and freshly squeezed lemon juice, simple syrup and pinch of salt into shaker and shake with ice. Strain into glass and top with sparkling wine. Garnish with Sunkist Meyer lemon zest.
Find more healthy recipes at Sunkist.com.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Gorgeous Solutions to Make Your Bathroom Lighting Stand Out - February 2, 2018
- Ask an Expert: Finding the Right Area Rug - February 2, 2018
- Ask the Expert: Renovate Before Selling? - February 2, 2018