With the new school year and more time spent inside, autumn is the perfect time to make small updates to your home’s decor. Plus, getting your home ready now will save you time down the line letting you focus on holiday entertaining.
Fall décor features the warm colours of falling leaves and cozy accessories. Find something you love for your home with these quick tips for a seasonal update that’ll last you throughout the winter.
- Refresh your white. After a long summer, your bright white walls may be looking worse for wear. Get your home ready for the holidays by swapping a bright white for a soft white such as Coconut Sugar (PF 60) by Para Paints.
- Cozy up to some comforting layers. Take your space to the next level by integrating darker shades of navy, brown or black. Popular options include dark denim, slate, indigo and grey-blacks. This will not only add dimension to your space but it will create a cozy fall feel.
- Embrace fall fabrics. Swap out iconic summer textiles like cool cotton and linen for luxurious velvets and thicker textures such as wool, plaid and silk that’ll warm up interiors as it gets colder outdoors.
- Mix metals. Pair antique or warm metals such as rose gold, soft gold and copper with raw and natural materials like wood or marble. Adding these accents to a kitchen or bathroom or swapping some hardware on furniture is an easy way to update.
- Think matte. This flat finish is all the rage right now — it’s soft and lends a rich feel to any finish. Art and metal accents will pop when set against at flat painted wall. Get that ultra-matte designer look with Para Paint’s Elite Suede finish.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- How to Accommodate Special Diets this Holiday Season - November 23, 2017
- Sunshine Kiwifruit Smoothie Bowl - November 21, 2017
- Honey Banana Pops - November 21, 2017