(NC)—Choosing a new TV for your home can be a time intensive job, what with looking up the latest models and specifications, comparing different sets, and of course, price-checking.
With more people watching HD sporting events and movies from the comfort of their couches, home entertainment systems are gaining in popularity. Here are some expert tips to consider when purchasing a big screen TV for your home that will help make the buying process smoother, and viewing more enjoyable in the long-term.
1. When purchasing a new TV you don’t want to regret choosing a screen that’s too small. A TV that looks huge in the store may not live up to that first impression when you get it home. Consider your needs in the future—if you love watching the Olympics, remember that 2012 isn’t that far away, so go big now and enjoy for years to come.
2 Keep in mind that things have changed since you bought your old TV set, or even your last flat screen. Yesterday’s 27” tube model is today’s 40” flat screen and it takes up less room, leaving you with more living space. A 70” set offers twice the viewing area of a 46” TV, which makes a huge difference when you want that immersive viewing experience at home.
3. With recent advancements in HDTV, you can buy big for a smaller room to enjoy a cinematic experience without feeling overwhelmed. The improved picture quality of HDTV means you can sit closer to the TV than ever before while still enjoying a beautiful picture. Today with HDTV, many experts recommend you divide the distance between your seat and TV by 1.5, with your screen size measured diagonally.
4. Most TVs only have three-colour RGB (Red, Green and Blue) technology, while Sharp’s Quattron sets add yellow to the spectrum for the brightest picture with more colour than can be found on any other TV today (thinksharp.ca). Remember this tip from designer Cobi Ladner—“Letting colour inspire us every day, especially when decorating our homes is the key to creating spaces we love to live in and can share with confidence.”
5. When in doubt, ask for help. Visit the friend with a home theatre in their basement, research online and visit stores like Best Buy and Future Shop for help from knowledgeable staff.
Now that you know what to consider when choosing your new big screen, the only thing left to do is choose what to watch first.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Keep Your Basement Safe & Dry - October 12, 2018
- Stylish Updates for Your Basement Ceiling - October 12, 2018
- Halloween Decorations to DIY Using Supplies From the Dollar Store - October 10, 2018