(NC)—With so many delectable classic and unique ice cream flavours available today in the grocery aisle, why not get creative and try your hand at a do-it-yourself ice cream cake? Follow these simple steps to create an impressive and delicious dessert for any occasion. More recipes and tips can be found online at www.pc.ca.
1. Transfer one 946 mL tub of ice cream to a large bowl. Using a wooden spoon, mash it until it softens slightly. Place the bowl in refrigerator.
2. Line a loaf pan with enough plastic wrap so that it hangs over the sides. Using your hands press cake slices into bottom of pan to cover in an even layer. Freeze for 10 minutes.
3. Scrape the ice cream into the pan on top of the cake and smooth top with a metal spoon. Freeze for three hours or overnight.
4. To unmold cake, dip pan in a large bowl of hot water for 2 seconds. Remove cake from pan by lifting it out with the plastic wrap overhang. Discard plastic and decorate cake with the toppings of your choice.
Try these yummy variations:
Strawberry Ice Cream Shortcake
Ice Cream: President’s Choice Ice Cream Shop Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream
Cake: Angel Food cake or vanilla pound cake
Toppings: sliced strawberries and grated white chocolate
Chocolate Ice Cream Cake
Ice Cream:Chocolate Ice Cream
Cake: Chocolate pound cake
Toppings: President’s Choice Chocolate and Toffee Ice Cream Topping
Praline Pecans and Cream Ice Cream Cake
Ice Cream:President’s Choice Ice Cream Shop Praline Pecans and Cream Ice Cream
Base: Instead of cake, combine 1 cup graham cracker crumbs, 6 Tbsp chopped pecans and 6 Tbsp melted butter in small bowl. Using your hands press mixture evenly into bottom of 9-inch round spring form pan to cover in an even layer and freeze for 30 minutes before adding ice cream instead of 10 minutes.
Toppings: President’s Choice Chocolate &Toffee Ice Cream Topping
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Jo Alcorn’s Trends 2 Watch: Bathrooms - January 10, 2018
- Expert Advice: Getting the Best Bang for Your Bathroom Renovation Buck - January 10, 2018
- Accessing Your Home Equity: Remortgaging vs Home Equity Loans - January 2, 2018