Preserved lemons are not a new thing. If you don’t want to buy some, they can be easily made. As a favorite ingredient to Moroccan cuisine, preserved lemons add a next level of intensity to this marinade and the results are mouth-watering.
Chicken Leg with Preserved Lemon Marinade
- 3 preserved lemons, rinsed, and finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1½ Tbsp. lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2-3 lbs chicken pieces, skin on
- Finely chop preserved lemons and red chillies.
- Combine preserved lemons, red chillies, cumin, olive oil, honey, lemon juice, and garlic.
- Season and coat chicken, cover and leave in the fridge for 4-12 hrs.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish or a sheet pan with parchment paper. Make sure all the chicken pieces are skin-side up.
- Bake until the chicken is starting to brown and is fully cooked, about 30-40 minutes.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Yummy Christmas Mocktails Perfect for Christmas Dinner - November 12, 2018
- Candy Cane Pavlova - November 12, 2018
- Designer Space: Christmas Treasure Box - November 12, 2018