Spring brings an opportunity to inaugurate a fresh, clean diet. But forget trendy diets du jour, and look instead to simple, easy to find citrus as a low-calorie, fat burning option.
Citrus fruit like lemons, oranges, grapefruit and pummelos contain fat-burning enzymes that promote digestion while enhancing the flavour of other ingredients. In addition, they are rich in vitamin C which speeds up the metabolism and eliminates toxins from the body. Try these nutritious recipes featuring citrus to get your daily dose of vitamin C.
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 Sunkist grapefruit, peeled
- 1/2 cup freshly-squeezed Sunkist orange juice
- 1/2 cup freshly-pressed apple cider
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped green kale
Place all ingredients into a blender in the order listed; secure lid.
Process on high until blended and smooth.
- 1/2 cups cracked wheat
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- 1 Sunkist pummelo
- 1/4 cup Sunkist lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Place the cracked wheat and 1 teaspoon salt in a heat-proof large glass bowl or plastic container. Measure boiling water carefully, pour over the bulgur and cover quickly with plastic wrap. Let sit for 1 hour or until all the water has been absorbed.
- Peel the Sunkist pummelo and tear the citrus flesh of each segment into pieces, discarding the white pith. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the freshly squeezed Sunkist lemon juice, olive oil and the remaining teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Add cooked cracked wheat and stir to combine.
- Add pummelo, tomatoes, parsley and green onions, and stir gently until coated with dressing.
Find more healthy recipes at Sunkist.com.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Choosing The Right Flooring - June 21, 2019
- Bidets: 5 Common Myths & The Truth You Need To Know - June 21, 2019
- Kitchens We Love: Lindsay’s Multifunctional Family Kitchen - June 20, 2019