hese yummy and easy-to-make treats will leave any coconut lover wanting more. Created by D'Italiano Cook-Off Challenge finalist Joanne MacDonald of Kentville, Nova Scotia, these sweet nibbles are a real crowd-pleaser, sure to disappear in a flash. More tasty recipes can be found online at www.ditaliano.ca.
- 1 jar hazelnut chocolate spread (12 oz/350 g)
- 16 slices D'Italiano Thick Slice Original White Bread, crusts removed
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Spread 2 to 3 tbsp of the hazelnut chocolate spread over one slice of bread and cover gently with another slice of bread. Repeat with remaining bread for a total of 8 squares. Cut each square into thirds to create 24 logs.
- Dip each log in sweetened condensed milk on all sides and remove excess.
- In a shallow plate, mix coconut and pecans until well combined. Dip each log into the mixture, completely covering all sides.
- Place logs on a well-greased 9x13-inch baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Turn over and bake for another 7 to 8 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven, cool on wire racks and enjoy.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 11 Bathroom Renovation Ideas to Freshen Up Your Bathroom - December 13, 2018
- Designer Space: Simple Drama - December 13, 2018
- Designer Space: Vintage Modern Renovation - December 11, 2018