This simple and stylish canapé brings together the sweet flavours of crab and corn with sumptuous stretch mozzarella. Serve these toasts family-style at your next summer get-together to impress your guests.
- 1 corn cob, husks and silks removed
- 1 cup (250 ml) cooked crab meat (fresh, canned or frozen), drained and squeezed dry
- ⅓ cup (75 ml) mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup (75 ml) red pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) fresh chives, chopped and divided
- 2 tsp (10 ml) lemon juice
- 1½ tsp (7 ml) Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon zest, finely grated
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp each salt and ground pepper
- 2 cup (500 ml) Saputo Mozzarellissima shredded cheese, divided
- 8 slices white bread
- Boil corn in salted water for 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain well and cool. Using a sharp knife, remove corn kernels from the cob.
- Toss crab with corn kernels, mayonnaise, red pepper, 2 tbsp (30 ml) chives, lemon juice, Old Bay seasoning, lemon zest, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper until combined. Stir in half of the Mozzarellissima.
- Cut each slice of bread into 4 triangles. Place on foil lined baking sheet and broil each side for 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Top each toast triangle with crab mixture and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Broil until cheese melts. Garnish with remaining chives before serving.
Tip: Add a dash of Louisiana style hot sauce to the crab mixture for a spicy kick.
You can find more recipes and a chance to win $10,000 in prizes at fb.com/saputo.ca.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Getting Ready for IDS19 - January 14, 2019
- Furniture Staging Tips - January 14, 2019
- Design Trends and Real Estate: What You Need to Know - January 14, 2019