With its traditionally Christmas-like flavours, this fudge makes a great gift for anyone with a sweet tooth.
- 2 cups (500 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) PC Speculoos Cookie Butter
- Line bottom and sides of 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish with foil; set aside.
- Stir together sugar, evaporated milk and salt in large glass bowl until thick and grainy. Heat in microwave on high for 2 minutes then whisk for 10 seconds. Return to microwave; heat for another 1 minute.
- Whisk in cookie butter; heat for 30 seconds. Using wooden spoon, stir vigorously for a few seconds then heat for another 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir very well; immediately pour into prepared pan, smoothing top with wooden spoon. Let cool on counter for a few minutes then refrigerate to cool completely.
- Lift fudge from pan; remove foil and cut into 64 squares.
“Inspired by the traditional spiced cookie from Belgium and Netherlands, the velvety spread used in this recipe contains a plentiful amount of crushed cookies. Flavours of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger make a great base for homemade candy,” says Chef Tom Filippou, executive chef President's Choice. “Microwave fudge is a gift from the sugar gods - no boiling sugar, candy thermometers, and sore arms from stirring the candy until it cools.”
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Ultimate Design Challenge: Vote for a Chance to Win! - November 16, 2018
- Jacklynn’s Contemporary Living Room Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yvonne’s Cheerful Bedroom Design Board - November 16, 2018