No baking of crust is involved in this apple pie recipe, so you do not need to knead dough. Instead of that you just make a simple batter for pancakes and enjoy the delicious and easy apple pie at home. The stuffing is same as that of typical apple pie but use of pancake instead of crust makes it different and hence its name Easy Apple Pie. Its is prepared in just under 30 minutes as there is no need of baking and is served for 4 persons easily.
- 3 large apples (cut them no cubes)
- water as required
- 4 tbspn brown sugar
- 2 tspn cinnamon powder
- 1 tbspn butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tspn baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tspn sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Milk as required
- In a deep saucepan, put apple pieces, cinnamon powder, brown sugar and water to make apple syrup. Add enough water to make syrup so that all the apple pieces dip completely. Cook them for 10-15 minutes on medium heat.
- When apple become soft and syrup starts bubbling, add a tablespoon of butter, then switch off the flame and let it cool at room temperature. The butter will melt in the hot syrup and gives it shiny look.
- Now make batter for pancake, in a mixing bowl put all the ingredients of batter and mix them well. Add milk until the batter gets medium consistency neither so thick nor thin i.e. when the batter pour from a ladle it would drop easily and should not stick completely to the ladle. Make sure there should no lumps present in the batter otherwise you pancake would become hard.
- Grease the non-stick pan, by using ladle pour the batter onto the pan and cook on slow heat. When air bubbles come on the top surface of pancake, then turn its side and cook for a minute to make its color light brown.
- Similarly, make pancakes from rest of the batter.
- Now in a beautiful platter, place pancakes side by side and pour the apple syrup on them. To make it more attractive sprinkle some fresh cream on top. Delicious easy apple pie is ready to serve.
For more recipes Visit : http://www.recipedose.com/ The author of this article runs a cooking blog where he and many other food lovers post various easy to cook food recipes including Dessert recipes, beef, snacks, chicken, BBQ & grill, desserts, cakes, drinks, salads etc. The aim of his blog is to deliver the best easy to make cooking recipes to all foodies.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Keep Your Basement Safe & Dry - October 12, 2018
- Stylish Updates for Your Basement Ceiling - October 12, 2018
- Halloween Decorations to DIY Using Supplies From the Dollar Store - October 10, 2018