If you want to add some curb appeal over the weekend or longer – it is for sure a possibility.
From easy to more difficult –
Just buy it!
- Two urns to flank the door with some florals provides some symmetry, beauty and focus
- Add some fun furniture to the porch inexpensively – check out Urban Barn or Lowes etc for great outdoor selections
- A few throw cushions on the furniture can add a great pop of colour to the porch!
- Some solar powered walkway lights can create a border to the garden and light the way to the door creating appeal
- Get some flowers in bloom and fill the garden with some colour by planting a few things or hang them from hooks on the porch ceiling to frame and provide some privacy –
- The mail box on the house – often it is old and beaten up – check out things like Taymor product or Umbra in a variety of stores and some big box stores
- The numbers on the house – get them in chrome or brushed steel or black or script! Easily found at Lowes and other big box stores!
- Change the porch light to something more appealing – perhaps chrome or black with frosted glass to mask the bulb (used to be a gas lamp – now an ugly cfl I can see!) hide that bulb!
- The front door hardware – fantastic in chrome and simple lines from Taymor
- The glass insert in your door to something more appealing without Brass!
- Get a new front door – which requires some help for sure – check out Ital Door for some good quality products!
- The railings in rusted iron can go to wood or vise versa with lots of results – a bigger project for sure!
A Project (but not so big! –)
- Paint the front door in a fun colour – you will be rejuvenated when you come through the new colour!
- Paint the railings into another colour – try something to match the house colour or accent in black or grey or combined white spindles with black handrail!
- Re-stain the deck or the front porch if it is in wood – or paint it with concrete paint to clean it up!
- Tile a concrete porch with stone tiles – it will bring class and elegance to the entrance way
- If you have windows beside or looking over the porch – how about some shutters to widen the look of the windows and make the house more inviting
- Create a flower box for under the window on the porch or for the front railing and increase the blooms at the door! – great colour and great smell!
- Build a structure to hide all those things that are important to have – garbage bin, recycling bin, green bin– it cleans up the look of the front of the house and it’s good to discourage Racoon friends also!
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends' National Design Editor, Glen Peloso forged into the world of design 20 years ago after completing his Masters degree in Fine Art. As Principal of Grafus Design Co., he has worked in residential, hospitality and commercial spaces for clients in several countries and has successfully designed over 300 projects in that time. TV Celebrity Designer and Canadian Home Trends National Design Contributor, Glen is also recognized as a design expert on The Marilyn Denis Show and from his past work as a host/designer of the internationally popular television shows Foodnetwork/HGTV`s Restaurant Makeover, and W networks ‘Take this House and Sell it’, and “Slice Network” show, Renovate my Wardrobe.