- 2 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup Butter (or hard margarine), softened
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cups Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Eggnog
- 1 tsp. Rum extract
- 2 Egg yolks (large)
- 2 cups Icing (confectioner’s) sugar
- 3 tbsp. Butter (or hard margarine), softened
- 2 tbsp. Eggnog
- Nutmeg, sprinkle
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggnog, rum extract and egg yolks; beat until smooth. Add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Do not over mix. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet 1 inch apart. Bake in 300ºF (150ºC) for 20 to 23 minutes until bottoms turn light brown.
- Icing: Beat all 3 ingredients in medium bowl, adding more icing sugar or eggnog if necessary until spreading consistency.
- Spread about 1 tsp. (5 mL) icing on top of each cookie. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
Recipes reprinted from Company’s Coming Publishing Limited - As seen in Canadian Home Trends Magazine Fall 2013 Digital Edition