Design and Event Editor Evelyn Eshun shows us two different looks for our living room using the same sofa. – Text by Evelyn Eshun, Photography by Thea Menagh
THE GOAL was to create two looks, one industrial and the other more urban. Our main piece of furniture was a smart and classic styled sofa with rolled arms and a deep seat. This style of sofa is perfect for any room, from a library to a casual family room. The setting was a beautiful lofty area in Living Lighting on King Street in Toronto.
Urban Chic VS Industrial Glam
- The mustard colored drapes make a statement in the room.
- Texture in the fabric and on the wall finishes add interest.
- Red is a bold color which always adds personality to a room.
- A knitted pouf is a fun, artistic touch while adding additional seating.
- A large scale crystal chandelier adds glamor and fun to the space.
- Pillows instantly make a statement, adding softness and a touch of glam.
- Copper goblets are too pretty not to use as sculptural accents.
Let There Be Light!
Instead of using table lamps, change up your look with pendant lights or chandeliers hung on either side of your sofa. Pendant lights should be hung approximately five feet above the floor. Install a dimmer to give yourself added flexibility in creating ambience!
Lighting Source: Living Lighting
Stacked In Your Favor
Nesting tables make great space savers as the extra table can be tucked away when not needed.
Get The Trend
ADD INTEREST WITH POPS OF COLOR AND TEXTURE
ADD A TOUCH OF GLAM WITH METALLIC SURFACES
Latest posts by Evelyn Eshun (see all)
- Evelyn’s Double Take: The Sleep Chest - October 1, 2018
- Bohemian VS Urban: Evelyn’s Dining Room Double Take - June 8, 2018
- Evelyn’s Light & Fresh Sophisticated Dining Room Design - June 8, 2018