Hot Bottomless Bean Dip
Nothing says party like a savoury dip to dig into, so follow these steps for some layer-lovin’ satisfaction. More recipes and tips can be found online at pc.ca.
- ½ C (125 mL) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 C (250 mL) full fat sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped, seeded jalapeno pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) finely sliced green onions
- can (398 mL) refried beans
- sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1-1/4 C (300 mL) triple cheddar shredded cheese
- 1 bag (368 g) PC sea salt kettle cooked corn tortilla chips
- 1 tub (430 mL) PC fresh salsa, mild
- Preheat broiler.
- In bowl and using wooden spoon, stir cream cheese until soft. Stir in sour cream, jalapenos and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the green onions. With a whisk, beat until smooth. Spread evenly over bottom of 8-inch square (2 L) glass baking dish. Dollop refried beans evenly over surface; spread evenly with back of spoon. Sprinkle with peppers, then cheese.
- Place baking dish in top third of oven. Broil for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Top with remaining green onions. Serve immediately with tortilla chips and salsa.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.