Nothing says party like a savoury dip to dig into, so follow these steps for some layer-lovin’ satisfaction. More recipes and tips can be found online at pc.ca.
- ½ C (125 mL) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 C (250 mL) full fat sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped, seeded jalapeno pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) finely sliced green onions
- can (398 mL) refried beans
- sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1-1/4 C (300 mL) triple cheddar shredded cheese
- 1 bag (368 g) PC sea salt kettle cooked corn tortilla chips
- 1 tub (430 mL) PC fresh salsa, mild
- Preheat broiler.
- In bowl and using wooden spoon, stir cream cheese until soft. Stir in sour cream, jalapenos and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the green onions. With a whisk, beat until smooth. Spread evenly over bottom of 8-inch square (2 L) glass baking dish. Dollop refried beans evenly over surface; spread evenly with back of spoon. Sprinkle with peppers, then cheese.
- Place baking dish in top third of oven. Broil for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Top with remaining green onions. Serve immediately with tortilla chips and salsa.