1. Install a dual flush system to conserve water.
2. Be sure that all the washers fit well to ensure there is no dripping when the bathroom isn’t being used.
3. Install low flow faucet aerators on bathroom faucets.
4. Add Aerators to showerheads to reduce water consumption.
5. Recycled glass tiles in the shower can be both beautiful and eco-friendly.
6. If you are going to use a claw-foot tub, select a refurbished one.
7. Select linoleum flooring made from Linseed oil which has been eco-friendly for years.
8. Terrazzo floors made of chips of marble or granite set in concrete are a great eco choice – seal them with a low VOC sealer.
9. Aggregate countertops made from recycled glass are a good eco choice.
10. Cork flooring can work well in a bathroom if it is installed properly.
11. Install LED lighting throughout the space to ensure low power consumption.
12. Paint with Aura Paint (Bnejamin Moore) for low VOC paint.
13. Bamboo towels and face cloths are eco-friendly as bamboo is a renewable resource.
14. Use natural soaps with no perfume or added chemicals.
15. Select baking soda as a cleaning product.