Appetizers that are both tasty and easy to make can be hard to come by. This one's a breeze as it uses just a few ingredients and is ready in mere minutes. More tasty recipes can be found at www.peanutbureau.ca.
- 1 large ripe pear, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dried figs, green or black, finely chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely grated ginger
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- Generous grinding black pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) thinly sliced green onion, about 1 large
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) lightly salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 package creamy goat cheese (4 oz/113 g)
- 16 to 18 toasted baguette slices, homemade or store-bought
- Place pear, figs, ginger, cloves, vinegar, sugar and pepper in a small saucepan over low heat. Cover, stirring occasionally until pear and figs soften, about 2 minutes. Discard cloves. Compote can be made ahead to this point then refrigerated up to 2 days. Stir in green onion and peanuts just before serving if compote was made ahead.
- Spread about 1 tsp (5 mL) goat cheese over each baguette slice. Top with a heaping teaspoon (about 7 mL) of barely warm or room temperature compote. Serve immediately or cover loosely and refrigerate up to 1 hour. Best served at room temperature.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Ultimate Design Challenge: Vote for a Chance to Win! - November 16, 2018
- Jacklynn’s Contemporary Living Room Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yvonne’s Cheerful Bedroom Design Board - November 16, 2018