The best bathrooms are more than just functional areas – they’re sanctuaries where you can escape, reset and recharge. And as one of the smallest and most-used rooms in the home, they have become one of the most popular remodeling projects.
Luckily, simple updates can breathe new life into this small space. Take a look at ways to transform any boring bathroom by incorporating these fast, fresh updates that don’t cost a fortune:
- Create a Focal Point with Updated Faucets: It’s a focal point, one of the most frequently used items in the bath, so it’s important that your vanity incorporates a fabulous faucet. No matter what your style, there’s a faucet that’s right for you. If you prefer more traditional styling, Moen points out its Weymouth product which gives a refreshed, old-world design that’s guaranteed to add a touch of luxury. Or if you like a more chic, modern look, the Arris bathroom faucets feature sharp 90-degree angles and clean, tubular spouts for a truly iconic style. In addition to the beautiful styling, you’ll feel good about your update, since each bathroom faucet has been certified to meet WaterSense criteria. The faucets are flow-optimized and allow water to flow at 5.7 litres per minute (L/min), versus traditional aerators that flow at 8 L/min., providing the sensational water experience to which you’re accustomed, while reducing water usage by up to 32 percent.
- Add Beauty with Bath Hardware: Once you’ve upgraded your faucet, look to the other metallic accents in the room for a subtle, yet effective way to pull together the design. Coordinating bath hardware, such as towel bars, rings, robe hooks, shelves, knobs and pulls, will instantly add a functional and fashionable impact.
- Set the Mood with Colour: According to Freshome architecture and design blog, room colour affects our moods and thoughts – so choose wisely. Create a zen retreat by enhancing your bath with shades of yellow, which are energizing and uplifting; or soft blues, which are calming, relaxing and serene. Add a splash of colour to the walls with a fresh coat of high-gloss paint to give the space an instant facelift.
- Shower Sanctuary: A quality showerhead can dramatically improve your daily showering experience. Take your shower from lackluster to luxurious, for example, with a Moen Arris Eco-Performance rainshower showerhead. The 10-inch rainshower will provide a relaxing, spa-like shower experience and is certified to meet WaterSense criteria. The collection is also available with a 14-inch easy-to-install shower arm so you can create your shower sanctuary without a full-scale remodel.
By following these fast updates, you’ll be surprised how quickly and easily you can take your bathroom from boring to a spa-like sanctuary.
More information is available online at moen.ca.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Yummy Christmas Mocktails Perfect for Christmas Dinner - November 12, 2018
- Candy Cane Pavlova - November 12, 2018
- Designer Space: Christmas Treasure Box - November 12, 2018