Here's a recipe for a holiday table triumph: a dessert that's refreshing, elegant and rich, yet not heavy or overly sweet. The Grape Frangipane Tart looks like a jewel and tastes like a dream with juicy grapes and the complementary flavour of almonds. Begin with your favourite tart dough recipe or purchase the best tart shell you can buy ready-made from your grocer's freezer selection. Whipped cream is the perfect topping.
- 1 tart pastry, single crust for 10-inch tart
- 3 1/2 cups red or black seedless California grapes
- 2 oz. almond paste
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Pinch salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.Line a 10-inch tart pan with pastry.
- Arrange grapes snugly in decorative rings in pastry.
- In an electric mixer combine almond paste, egg, sugar, butter, flour, and salt until smooth to create frangipane.
- Carefully spread over arranged grapes and bake for 35 minutes, until the tart is golden brown and cooked through. If using a convection oven, bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- When tart is cool, remove from pan and dust with confectioners' sugar.
Calories 151; Protein 2 g; Fat 8 g; 46% calories from Fat; Carbohydrate 19 g; Cholesterol 34 mg; Fibre .8 g; Sodium 86 mg.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Designer Kitchen Renovation: At the Heart of It All - May 18, 2018
- Laid Back Kitchen Makeover - May 18, 2018
- Expert Advice: Kitchen Budget Priorities - May 18, 2018