Bring sophistication to a pub-style favourite by saying goodbye to the deep fryer and firing up the barbecue. Grilling jalapenos brings out their sweetness to counter the spice, which complements the rich flavours of mozzarella and bacon.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lime zest, finely grated
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) each salt and ground pepper
- 12 jalapenos, halved and seeded
- 6 oz (175 g) Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese, cut into twelve ½ –inch (1-cm) by 2-inch (5-cm) pieces
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cilantro, finely chopped
- 6 slices bacon, halved lengthwise
- Preheat grill to medium-high and grease grates well. Combine olive oil with garlic, lime zest, salt and pepper; brush over cut sides of jalapenos. Stuff one piece of Mozzarellissima into half of the jalapenos and top with cilantro; cap each with an empty jalapeno half. Wrap each pair with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place on grill and cook covered, turning occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until bacon is lightly crisped.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook covered for 5 minutes, or until the cheese starts to melt and the jalapeno is tender. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess grease, then serve.
You can find more recipes and a chance to win $10,000 in prizes at fb.com/saputo.ca.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Gorgeous Solutions to Make Your Bathroom Lighting Stand Out - February 2, 2018
- Ask an Expert: Finding the Right Area Rug - February 2, 2018
- Ask the Expert: Renovate Before Selling? - February 2, 2018