This season, stay on track by serving delicious, calorie-reduced versions of traditional festive desserts. Lightly sweetened with naturally-sourced stevia, this pecan pie will make a tempting addition to any holiday table and appease guests young and old.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust from a 15 ounce (425 g) package
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar-free maple syrup
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) Pure Via granulated
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) molasses
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) pecan halves
- Sugar-free whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll pie crust to an 11” (28 cm) circle. Fit into a 9” (23 cm) pie plate. Flute edges; set aside.
- Whisk eggs and egg whites until blended. Whisk in sugar free syrup, Pure Via sweetener, molasses, flour, vanilla and salt until combined. Stir in pecans. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack before serving. Top each piece with sugar free whipped topping, if desired.
Nutritional information per serving:
• Calories: 251
• Total fat: 17 g
• Cholesterol: 49 mg
• Sodium: 291 mg
• Carbohydrates: 24 g
• Protein: 5 g
Note that stevia, the sweetener in Pure Via, is also known as steviol glycosides – and you can keep the calories and sugar at bay with additional recipes available at www.purevia.ca.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Yummy Christmas Mocktails Perfect for Christmas Dinner - November 12, 2018
- Candy Cane Pavlova - November 12, 2018
- Designer Space: Christmas Treasure Box - November 12, 2018