Halibut King Crab burger with Pancetta
Original Recipe by Chef Ted Reader courtesy of Napoleon’s Everyday Gourmet Burgers
- ice-cold fresh halibut, boneless and skinless 11⁄2 lb (675 g)
- Alaskan king crabmeat, chopped 1⁄2 lb (225 g)
- wild rice, fully cooked 1⁄2 cup (125 mL)
- carrot, grated 1⁄4 cup (60 mL)
- white onion, diced 1⁄4 cup (60 mL)
- green onions, minced 2
- clove garlic, minced 1
- butter, softened 1 tsp (5 mL)
- Parmesan cheese, grated 2 Tbsp (30 mL)
- Egg 1
- panko (Japanese-style) bread crumbs 1⁄4 cup (60 mL)
- Ted’s World Famous BBQ Orgasmic Onion Burger Seasoning 2 Tbsp (30 mL)
- Brioche burger buns 8
- In a food processor or meat grinder, grind the halibut until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and add chopped crabmeat, wild rice, carrot, onion, green onion, garlic, butter, Parmesan cheese, egg, panko bread crumbs and Orgasmic Onion Burger Seasoning.
- Form into eight 4-oz (120 g) burger patties approximately 3 to 4 inches (7.5–10 cm) in diameter and 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick.
- Once you have made the 8 burgers, place a slice of pancetta on either side of the halibut burger and press firmly so that the pancetta sticks to the burger. Place on a parchment-paper-lined plate, cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour
- Preheat grill to medium, 350–450°F (175–230°C).
- Grill burgers for 5 to 6 minutes per side, until fully cooked and the pancetta is crisp on the outside.
- Remove from grill.
ASSEMBLE YOUR BURGERS! Brioche bun, Mustard Coleslaw (p. 131), pancetta-crusted halibut burger and add Brioche bun top.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Designer Kitchen Renovation: At the Heart of It All - May 18, 2018
- Laid Back Kitchen Makeover - May 18, 2018
- Expert Advice: Kitchen Budget Priorities - May 18, 2018