Say goodbye to the boring ham and cheese sandwich. Using pizza dough, these roll-ups make a delicious lunch served cold and can be warmed up for an afternoon snack. Introduce internationally inspired flavours to your kitchen with one of the Italian, Spanish or American variations.
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) grainy mustard
- 1 lb (500 g) pizza dough
- 6 slices Armstrong medium cheddar
- 6 slices ham
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and mustard. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until butter melts and brown sugar bubbles.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll pizza dough into a 15 x 11 inch (38 x 28 cm) rectangle, about 1/4 inch (5 mm) thick. Brush 2 tbsp (30 mL) mustard mixture over dough, leaving a 1/2 inch (1 cm) border. Top evenly with cheese and ham, leaving a 1/2 inch (1 cm) border.
- Starting from the long end, tightly roll into a log, pinching seams to seal. With a serrated knife, cut into 12 equal slices. Place cut-side down in a greased 9 x 13 inch (23 x 33 cm) baking dish. Brush remaining mustard mixture over rolls.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Tip: Substitute the ham and cheddar for these internationally inspired variations:
Italian: Fresh mozzarella and sliced prosciutto
Spanish: Monterey Jack with Jalapeño slices and cooked crumbled chorizo
American: Swiss cheese slices and smoked turkey
Find more recipe ideas at www.armstrongcheese.ca.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Ultimate Design Challenge: Vote for a Chance to Win! - November 16, 2018
- Jacklynn’s Contemporary Living Room Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yvonne’s Cheerful Bedroom Design Board - November 16, 2018