Holiday shopping for parents is difficult and can put a real damper on your holiday cheer. To help, the editors from RedFlagDeals.com, Canada’s largest bargain shopping website, suggest some innovative ideas for parent-appropriate gifts:
Good for Mom and Dad
• A gift certificate to their favourite restaurant.
• An iPad or tablet is great for people who casually surf, email, read, and voice/video chat online.
• A GPS device. Go for a model that is simple and easy to operate.
Good for Dad
• A multi-tool. Dads like gadgets. Moms like gadgets that can fit into a drawer and don’t take up half the garage. Everyone wins.
• Take him out to the ball game. Buy tickets to his sporting event of choice and score extra points by going with him.
• TV shows on DVD/Blu-ray boxsets. Consider it a trade for the hours and hours of kids’ shows and cartoons back in the day.
Good for Mom
• Things she’d never buy herself like perfume, diamond earrings, even dance lessons, will make her feel special.
• A gift certificate to a day spa. She’ll be pampered, and she’ll get away from having to hear about your dad’s new multitool.
• A digital picture frame. Preload this with family photos. Be sure to include some embarrassing child photos that you hate since mom will love those.