Holiday shopping for parents is difficult and can put a real damper on your holiday cheer. To help, the editors from RedFlagDeals.com, Canada’s largest bargain shopping website, suggest some innovative ideas for parent-appropriate gifts:
Good for Mom and Dad
• A gift certificate to their favourite restaurant.
• An iPad or tablet is great for people who casually surf, email, read, and voice/video chat online.
• A GPS device. Go for a model that is simple and easy to operate.
Good for Dad
• A multi-tool. Dads like gadgets. Moms like gadgets that can fit into a drawer and don’t take up half the garage. Everyone wins.
• Take him out to the ball game. Buy tickets to his sporting event of choice and score extra points by going with him.
• TV shows on DVD/Blu-ray boxsets. Consider it a trade for the hours and hours of kids’ shows and cartoons back in the day.
Good for Mom
• Things she’d never buy herself like perfume, diamond earrings, even dance lessons, will make her feel special.
• A gift certificate to a day spa. She’ll be pampered, and she’ll get away from having to hear about your dad’s new multitool.
• A digital picture frame. Preload this with family photos. Be sure to include some embarrassing child photos that you hate since mom will love those.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Jo Alcorn’s Trends 2 Watch: Bathrooms - January 10, 2018
- Expert Advice: Getting the Best Bang for Your Bathroom Renovation Buck - January 10, 2018
- Accessing Your Home Equity: Remortgaging vs Home Equity Loans - January 2, 2018