Breakfast is a time to prepare yourself for the day ahead and, most importantly, to fuel your body for the activities to come. Professional figure skater, Joannie Rochette shares her breakfast rituals and why they are important to her.
1. Savour the moment: The mornings are often busy or rushed so it can be hard to have an extended breakfast. But we all love the holidays, so why not use this joyful time to eat breakfast with loved ones. Invite friends or family over for a breakfast party that will not only allow you to see more of the people you love but also set yourself up for the day with this important meal.
2. Spread the love: One of my favourite items for breakfast is Nutella. It can be enjoyed on toast, topped with sliced bananas and washed down with a glass of milk. I have been eating this breakfast since I was a little girl.
3. Make it joyful: Since the holidays are a joyful time of year, why not bring that spirit to your breakfast? I always make sure that I eat a tasty breakfast to get me out of bed and onto the ice. Whole-wheat toast with fruit and milk is something I have for breakfast often, especially during the holidays; try cutting the toast into shapes to add a touch of joy to breakfast.
Have you got a fun idea to bring the joy back to the most important meal of the day? Apply for support from The Nutella Breakfast Table Fund at Facebook.com/TheBreakfastTable.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Ultimate Design Challenge: Vote for a Chance to Win! - November 16, 2018
- Jacklynn’s Contemporary Living Room Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yvonne’s Cheerful Bedroom Design Board - November 16, 2018