Summer entertaining should be easy-peasy, so make the most of your shindig with these fun al fresco tips for hosting a backyard bash in style – and stress free:
• Backyard picnic. Savour a warm afternoon with an impromptu picnic in your backyard. Grab essentials from your house like snacks, drinks, music, and a blanket to instantly set the classic picnic scene. To create a Gatsby-esque feel, use your decorative throws, linen napkins, and an umbrella for shade. When it comes to tidying up, maintain that fresh air scent by tossing your throws and napkins in the wash with a powerful laundry detergent that is dermatologically tested to be safe for sensitive skin (when used as directed), like the one formulated by Green Works.
• Pour the drinks. Margaritas are a summer time favourite for a hot day, and are simple to make. Combine limeade, tequila and orange liqueur (for that extra kick) in a blender and top with ice. Don’t forget to soak the blender immediately after and add a few drops of Green Works Dishwashing Liquid. Press blend one more time for a sparkling clean finish and fret less about cleaning up later.
• Soiree of the season. Setting the tablescape to give your guests something to talk about doesn’t need to be a stressful affair. Galvanized steel buckets aren’t just for your favourite beverages, try repurposing them with flowers and rocks from your garden to keep your décor minimal with a touch of nature. To wipe away outdoor stains and accidental messes, use Green Works All Purpose Cleaner, a naturally-derived cleaner that packs a serious punch of clean.
More information is available at www.trygreenworks.ca.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Jo Alcorn’s Trends 2 Watch: Bathrooms - January 10, 2018
- Expert Advice: Getting the Best Bang for Your Bathroom Renovation Buck - January 10, 2018
- Accessing Your Home Equity: Remortgaging vs Home Equity Loans - January 2, 2018