Maximize storage by using what are often overlooked areas – like under the stairs. Traditionally, this storage would be located through a door directly under the stairs which makes getting to certain areas in this space tough. Consider better access to this space as we have with baskets and hinged doors.
Form follows function – so ensure you are creating the right sized cabinets/baskets to store what is required, then make them attractive. The rattan baskets we used are a nice touch and add a great textural element.
If your laundry room is open, smart storage is paramount to ensure your laundry room always looks clean, organized and de-cluttered.
All homes should have flow from one room to the next; but, this is even more important when the rooms are open concept. Repetition of colour, texture, and pattern ensures your design looks and feels intentional.
Our palette is soft but full of impact without adding too much contrast. This avoids making the room feel busy and closed in.
The Whirlpool Duet Washer and Dryer with adaptive wash technology automatically senses and adapts to the size of each load to use the right amount of water to deliver performance and gentleness designed to keep your clothes looking newer longer and colours stay vibrant wash after wash. – whirlpoolappliances.ca
TEXT BY KAREN SEALY – As seen in the Summer 2013 issue of Canadian Home Trends Magazine.
- Cabinetry: IKEA, ikea.ca
- Backsplash: Edgewater Studio, edgewaterstudio.com
- Reclaimed Wood Shelving and Boxes: Timeless Materials, timelessmaterials.com
- Countertop: Foson Stone, foson.ca
- Ceiling Fixture: Eurolite, eurolite.com
- Window Treatment: Kravet Fabrics, Sealy Design Inc., sealydesigninc.com
- Rattan Basket Pull-Outs: Richelieu Hardware, Sealy Design Inc., sealydesigninc.com
- Decorative Hooks: Urban Outfitters, urbanoutfitters.com
- Wall Colour: Moonshine OC-56, Benjamin Moore, benjaminmoore.com
- Floor Colour: Duxbury Grey, HC-163, Benjamin Moore, benjaminmoore.com
- Washer and Dryer: Whirlpool, whirlpoolappliances.ca
- Designed by: Karen Sealy, sealydesigninc.com