Many Canadians are already a third of the way to dinner when they have easy-to-cook staples ready in the pantry. Think of your meal in three parts: veggie, protein, and grain. Once you have one component, you only need to pick the other two.
This recipe from Minute Rice uses just three main ingredients, takes ten minutes to prepare, and can be on the table in just over a half-hour. One plus one plus one and you're done. Now, that's a weekday win.
- 2 pouches (125 g each) Minute Rice Jasmine Rice
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sliced green onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 4 skin-on salmon fillets (5 to 6 oz/140 to 170 g each)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- Lemon wedges
- Cook rice according to package directions. Add peas during the last minute of cooking; stir in half of the green onion, and lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, score skin side of salmon, slicing 1/2-inch (1 cm) across and about 1/4-inch (5 mm) deep; season all over with salt and pepper.
- In large, heavy-bottom skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook salmon skin side down for about 5 minutes or until skin is golden brown and crispy. Turn over; cook for 2 or 3 minutes or until fish is just cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Serve with rice and lemon wedges. Sprinkle with remaining green onion.
For simple 1+1+1 meal ideas and inspiration, visit Thirdoftheway.ca or share your #weekdaywin on social media to inspire others.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Jo Alcorn’s Trends 2 Watch: Bathrooms - January 10, 2018
- Expert Advice: Getting the Best Bang for Your Bathroom Renovation Buck - January 10, 2018
- Accessing Your Home Equity: Remortgaging vs Home Equity Loans - January 2, 2018