Canadians enjoy decking their halls with decorations, fresh and colourful food and flowers and, of course, holiday gifts. But, very few of them pay for those pleasures entirely with cash. Credit cards are often the payment method of choice and will work in the cardholder’s favour during the holiday season, when paired with a loyalty program.
“When used thoughtfully, the right credit card can reward cardholders, not just during the busy holiday shopping season, but all year round,” says Andy Wright, president, AIR MILES Reward Program. “Consumers should look for programs that let them earn miles or rewards consistently and on everyday spending. A good program should also give them the flexibility to redeem their rewards the way they want.”
To help get the most out of a credit card, shoppers should consider:
• Consolidating spending by using a credit card associated with a reward program for everyday shopping to get the power of the ‘double dip’. For example, with a BMO AIR MILES World MasterCard (www.bmo.com), Collectors can earn reward miles on their credit card spend and at participating retailers by also showing their AIR MILES Collector card.
• Planning ahead to shop at retailers associated with their chosen reward program to earn miles faster with their credit card. AIR MILES Collectors can find festive décor at Michaels and holiday wear for the little ones at The Children’s Place.
• Reading the fine print to ensure they understand their card’s unique rules and benefits.
• Signing-up to newsletters, going to the Facebook pages and regularly checking-in to favourite retailer and loyalty program websites to take advantage of special offers.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Keep Your Basement Safe & Dry - October 12, 2018
- Stylish Updates for Your Basement Ceiling - October 12, 2018
- Halloween Decorations to DIY Using Supplies From the Dollar Store - October 10, 2018