With the sunshine out, and outdoor activities in full swing, we are all looking for quick and easy meals that limit our time in the kitchen. The good news is that you can put flavourful meals on the table in 15 minutes, thanks to spices that most of us already have in the pantry and Minute Rice ready to serve rice cups.
- 4 (125 g each) Minute Rice Cups Ready to Serve Long Grain & Wild Rice – Fine Herb
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 lb (500 g) ground chicken
- 2 tsp (10 mL) paprika
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook chicken, paprika, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper, stirring, for 5 to 8 minutes or until chicken is browned.
- Stir in chickpeas and tomatoes; bring to simmer. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with parsley.
For simple 1+1+1 meal ideas and inspiration, visit Thirdoftheway.ca or share your #weekdaywin on social media to inspire others.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Getting Ready for IDS19 - January 14, 2019
- Furniture Staging Tips - January 14, 2019
- Design Trends and Real Estate: What You Need to Know - January 14, 2019