There's no doubt about it—Canadians love their hamburgers. So much so, that the juicy staple of backyard barbecues steps into the spotlight for one month each year. That's right—May is national hamburger month—and this year, sundae specialist, Smucker's, is helping us celebrate the beloved burger by putting a sundae twist on the classic. This delicious recipe for mini ice cream sliders comes complete with sweet tasting toppings that resemble the real thing.
- 1 cup (250mL) chocolate ice cream
- 8 mini cinnamon donuts (15g/0.5oz each), sliced in half
- ¼ cup (50mL) Smucker's Sundae Syrup Strawberry Flavoured Syrup
- 2 strawberries, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30mL) whipped cream
- Sliced kiwi for garnish, optional
- First divide ice cream into eight patties and freeze if necessary. To assemble, place the bottom half of a donut cut side up on a surface. Top with ice cream patty, strawberry slices, whipped cream and syrup. Then top with remaining donut half and place kiwi on a toothpick and place in the donut top. Preparation time is just 10 minutes and the recipe makes eight sliders.
- Tip: To make 'fried onions', toast sweetened, shredded coconut in a 350°F (180°C) for 8-10 minutes, stirring once. Let cool.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Keep Your Basement Safe & Dry - October 12, 2018
- Stylish Updates for Your Basement Ceiling - October 12, 2018
- Halloween Decorations to DIY Using Supplies From the Dollar Store - October 10, 2018