- 2 sheets/ rolls butter puff pastry
- 80g Roquefort or other sharp blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 10 medium white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400˚F F / 200˚C.
- Roll out pastry dough and using a bowl approximately 14-15cm in diameter, cut out four rounds. Do not force or stretch the dough. Transfer the dough to a baking tray either lined with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Place the cheese in the middle of each pastry round, leaving about 2cm around the edge of each round.
- Sprinkle each pastry round with a tablespoon of the chopped walnuts.
- Place about 8 mushrooms' worth of slices on top of the walnuts, pressing into the cheese/ walnut mixture.
- Place 3 cherry tomato halves on each pastry round.
- Fold over the edges of the dough (making 4-5 folds, one fold at a time) and pressing lightly on the corners to gently seal the galettes.
- Brush the beaten egg on the dough border. Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and the cheese melted.
- Meanwhile, sauté the remaining mushroom slices in the butter. Drain on a paper towel and set aside until the galettes are cooked.
- When the galettes are cooked, remove from baking tray to a cooling rack and cool for about 5 minutes. Place the sautéd mushroom slices on each galette and serve warm with a green salad.
Mardi Michels is a well known food blogger who resides in Toronto, Ontario. In “real life,” Mardi is a full time elementary school French teacher. She also moonlights as a part-time PhD student, and is halfway through the Food & Media certificate at George Brown College, in Toronto. You can find her travels and recipes documented on her blog.