Dress up your greens and add some extra crunch with this bacon-infused salad recipe. Perfect as a side dish, this quick-to-prepare and delicious meal can also hold its own as a busy weeknight dinner. Add shredded chicken for extra protein.
- 2 tbsp bacon grease (or canola oil)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 375 g pkg of bacon, chopped
- Black pepper
- Mixed salad greens
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Spread out bacon slices in a single layer on a foil-covered baking sheet and oven-roast at 400°F for 15 to 25 min until crispy.
- Combine bacon grease, vinegar, oil, Dijon and honey in a small jar. Shake vigorously.
- Add chopped bacon and season with freshly ground black pepper. Shake again.
- Combine greens and tomatoes in a serving bowl. Drizzle with bacon dressing.
Find more double-duty salad ideas at www.walmart.ca/recipes.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Jo Alcorn’s Trends 2 Watch: Bathrooms - January 10, 2018
- Expert Advice: Getting the Best Bang for Your Bathroom Renovation Buck - January 10, 2018
- Accessing Your Home Equity: Remortgaging vs Home Equity Loans - January 2, 2018