(NC)— For a fun way to decorate with your kids, try these dipped pine cones from Sarah’s Holiday Party, airing on HGTV Canada this holiday season.
Dipped Pine Cones
• Collection of pine cones in various sizes
• Latex paint
• Plastic containers or other containers appropriate for mixing paint. Make sure the container has a lid with a good seal on it. Use a separate container for each colour.
• Pair of tongs
• Waxed paper
1. Find your collection of pinecones in a park or purchase some at a craft store.
2. Gather left over paint from past projects or purchase a small amount in a variety of colours to suit your holiday scheme.
3. Pour one colour of paint into a container, adding a splash of water to slightly dilute. Approximately two parts paint to one part water.
4. Put the lid on the container and shake the paint and water until they combine. Mixture shouldn’t be too “gloppy”.
5. Drop a pinecone into the paint mixture, replace the lid and shake until cone is completely coated.
6. Remove pinecone using tongs and place onto waxed paper to dry.
7. Repeat process for each pinecone, until you have as many as you need.