Whether it's for breakfast, dessert or an after-school snack, this muffin recipe will be a hit with all members of the family.
- 1/4 cup sugar (50mL)
- 2 tsp cinnamon (10mL)
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, finely chopped (175mL)
- 1 can California Cling Peach slices, drained (14 oz/398 mL) (1 can)
- 3 1/4 cups plain packaged muffin mix (800mL)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (1)
- 1 pkg cream cheese (8 oz/250 g) (1 pkg)
- 1 egg (1)
- 1/3 cup sugar (75 mL)
- 1/4 tsp almond extract (1 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1 tsp lemon juice (5 mL)
- sugar, cinnamon and almonds for topping. Set aside. In a blender, puree 1/3 of the California Cling Peach slides and set aside. Dice remaining peaches and set aside. Prepare muffin batter according to package directions. Add pureed peaches. Fold in diced peaches. Set aside. To prepare filling, beat cream cheese in a medium bowl until soft. Add egg, sugar, almond extract, salt and lemon juice. Beat until completely smooth and set aside. In paper-lined muffin pans, place 1 tbsp (15 mL) of batter into each paper cup. Add 2 tsp (10 mL) of cream cheese mixture on top of batter. Cover with additional batter. Sprinkle each muffin with topping mixture and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
More great tips for baking with peaches:
• Canned California cling peaches hold their flavour and consistency better than fresh peaches. Canned peaches can be substituted for fresh peaches in recipes such as crisps, cobblers and pies
• For quick weekday breakfasts, especially in winter and spring when fresh peaches are not available, add canned peaches to cereal and top with yogurt
• Canned peach slices make the perfect topping for pancakes, crepes, waffles or French toast
More delicious recipes can be found online at CalClingPeach.ca.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Jo Alcorn’s Trends 2 Watch: Bathrooms - January 10, 2018
- Expert Advice: Getting the Best Bang for Your Bathroom Renovation Buck - January 10, 2018
- Accessing Your Home Equity: Remortgaging vs Home Equity Loans - January 2, 2018