Pecan Pie Bars
With some concern recently about high-fructose-corn-syrup, it's worth noting that Crown Golden corn syrup does not contain such ingredient.
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter OR margarine, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 Crown Golden no-high fructose corn syrup
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter OR margarine, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Mix flour, butter, powdered sugar, and salt with an electric mixer until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly and evenly into a greased jelly roll pan (15 x 10 inches/38 x 25 cm).
- Bake 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Beat eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Stir in pecans.
- Pour over hot crust; spread evenly.
- Bake 25 minutes at 350°F/180°C until filling is firm around the edges and slightly firm in center. Cool completely on wire rack before serving.
Additional recipes are available online at www.achfood.ca.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 4 Ways to Add Character to a Monochromatic Kitchen - May 25, 2018
- Ask an Expert: Refacing VS Refinishing a Kitchen - May 25, 2018
- Ask an Expert: Light, Airy & Interesting Kitchens - May 25, 2018