With some concern recently about high-fructose-corn-syrup, it's worth noting that Crown Golden corn syrup does not contain such ingredient.
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter OR margarine, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 Crown Golden no-high fructose corn syrup
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter OR margarine, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Mix flour, butter, powdered sugar, and salt with an electric mixer until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly and evenly into a greased jelly roll pan (15 x 10 inches/38 x 25 cm).
- Bake 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Beat eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Stir in pecans.
- Pour over hot crust; spread evenly.
- Bake 25 minutes at 350°F/180°C until filling is firm around the edges and slightly firm in center. Cool completely on wire rack before serving.
Additional recipes are available online at www.achfood.ca.