This smoothie is chock-full of green goodness. Pineapple and pear balance the leafy greens making this a go-to smoothie at any time. Enjoy one serving for breakfast and pack the remaining serving for a mid-morning snack.
- 1 cup (250 mL) kale, washed, leaves pulled off, stalks discarded ((about 3 large stems)
- 1 cup (250 mL) spinach, washed, stems trimmed
- 1/2 Anjou or Bartlett pear, washed, peel on and diced
- 1 medium banana, peeled and quartered
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) frozen or fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground chia seeds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) almond butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) Almond Breeze Vanilla almond beverage
- Put all the ingredients into a blender cup and blend until smooth. Adjust for taste. Add more pineapple for acidity or more maple syrup for more sweetness. Serve cold immediately.