Looking for a wholesome meat-free meal for six? If you have rice on hand, just add a protein and a veggie to produce a meal in minutes – and faster than a take-out order could arrive at your door. With minimal effort, this delicious creation can be on your table in less than 45 minutes any day of the week.
- 3 cups (750 mL) broccoli florets
- 3 cups (750 mL) cauliflower florets
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- 1 tsp (5 mL) paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) Minute Rice Premium Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) lentils, drained and rinsed (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh chives or parsley
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Combine broccoli, cauliflower and carrots; toss with oil and garlic. Season with oregano, paprika, salt and pepper. Arrange in single layer on prepared pan; bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Toss rice with lentils (if using), roasted vegetables and chives.
For more simple 1+1+1 meal ideas and inspiration, visit Thirdoftheway.ca or share your #weekdaywin creation on social media to inspire others. www.newscanada.com
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Jo Alcorn’s Trends 2 Watch: Bathrooms - January 10, 2018
- Expert Advice: Getting the Best Bang for Your Bathroom Renovation Buck - January 10, 2018
- Accessing Your Home Equity: Remortgaging vs Home Equity Loans - January 2, 2018