Here are a few quick tips to help you through the process:
Plan plan and then plan some more.
- Check all the dimensions of purchases, passages and materials
- Hire someone to help you pull the ideas together
- If no – graph paper and draw to scale
- List what is to happen for comparison quotes
Check out your contractor.
- References – call them
- Check work
- Get a quote in writing based on what you have listed
Create a budget that is realistic.
- Know your budget
- Do some shopping – “something you always wanted” should stay there
- Renos make life easier- house poor makes life harder when you can’t go out!
Reserve fifteen percent of the budget for the “oh crap” list.
- The unforeseen behind the walls
Prepare for some mess!
- It’s going to be messy and inconvenient so prepare for it
- No kitchen
- Difficult to get in the house
- Dust everywhere
Latest posts by Glen Peloso (see all)
- 2019 Lighting Trends with Glen Peloso - December 13, 2018
- Sixteen Chic Fall Decor Ideas for Thanksgiving Entertaining - September 16, 2018
- Adding Color and Drama in Your Bathroom - September 6, 2018