(NC)—Canned California cling peaches are firmer and hold their flavour better than fresh peaches and they are more readily available at this time of year. For a nutrition boost try canned California cling peaches in this delicious recipe ideal for entertaining:
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lb piece wild salmon, halibut or black cod, at least 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick or 4 fillets (675 to 750 g)
- Finely grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp EACH paprika (preferably smoked), dried thyme leaves and granulated sugar (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp EACH salt and black pepper (1 mL)
- 1 can California Cling peach halves, in fruit juice or light syrup (14 oz/398 mL) (1 can)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, preferably multicoloured (250 mL)
- 2 green onions, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces (2)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (1)
- 2 tsp olive oil (10 mL)
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh basil or mint (45 mL)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with foil for easier clean up. Place fish at one end of baking sheet. Stir lemon peel with seasonings and sugar. Sprinkle over fish and rub in. Roast fish 10 minutes.
- Drain peaches well and cut into quarters. Place in a bowl along with tomatoes, green onions and garlic. Add oil and salt. Stir.
- After 10 minutes of roasting fish, place peach mixture at other end of pan. Continue to roast 8 to 10 more minutes until fish flakes. Toss peach mixture with basil. Cut fish into serving-size pieces. Serve peach sauce spooned over top.
More information is available online at CalClingPeach.ca.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- How to Accommodate Special Diets this Holiday Season - November 23, 2017
- Sunshine Kiwifruit Smoothie Bowl - November 21, 2017
- Honey Banana Pops - November 21, 2017