Scallop Appetizer Cups
If you're a seafood fan, try this recipe created by the International Olive Council
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pitted ripe olives, drained on paper towels
- 3 tablespoons garlic and herbs spreadable cheese
- 15 prebaked phyllo shells (1 9-ounce package)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, slivered
- 3 to 4 ounces bay scallops, thawed and patted dry
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves, optional
- Combine olives and spreadable cheese in small bowl; mix well. Spoon evenly into shells (filling 2/3 to 3/4 full); set aside.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking. Add garlic slivers; cook and stir 10 to 15 seconds until fragrant. Remove and discard garlic. Reduce heat to medium; add scallops. Cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until scallops are thoroughly cooked. Remove scallops with slotted spoon.
- Place 2 to 3 scallops in each shell, pressing lightly. Serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com