Milk and cookies are snack staples after school, but don't leave much to the imagination. Incorporating a fun title for kids and a healthy protein option for mom is a sure-fire way to get everyone excited for snack time.
These easy-to-prepare chicken sticks will have the kids flipping out over the name and the delicious taste. The secret behind the chicken's straw-like coating is the shredded coconut.
- 10 wooden skewers
- 1 pouch Shake 'n Bake Original mix
- 1/2 cup Great Value sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing or mayonnaise
- 3 skinless, Your Fresh Market boneless chicken breasts
- Soak skewers in water. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place a wire rack on top and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir coating mix with coconut.
- Pour dressing or mayonnaise into another bowl.
- Cut chicken strips lengthwise into 1/2" (1cm) thick strips.
- Add to dressing or mayonnaise and stir to coat. Then add to coconut mixture and stir.
- Press coating onto bare spots. Thread skewers through meat. Place on rack. Bake in centre of oven, without turning, until chicken is cooked through, 20 to 30 minutes.
Additional back-to-school snack recipes can be found at www.walmart.ca/recipes.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Jo Alcorn’s Trends 2 Watch: Bathrooms - January 10, 2018
- Expert Advice: Getting the Best Bang for Your Bathroom Renovation Buck - January 10, 2018
- Accessing Your Home Equity: Remortgaging vs Home Equity Loans - January 2, 2018