These shrimp tostadas are quick, easy to make, and present well. You can make them as mild or as spicy as you like and the shrimp can be easily substituted. – Chef Rob Thomas
- 8 6″ corn tortillas
- 3 ripe avocados, pulp scooped out
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced small
- 6 Tbsp. lime juice, divided
- 3 Tbsp. cilantro, freshly chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1-2 tsp ancho chile powder
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup carrots, finely shredded
- 24 medium sized shrimp (I like 21/25 per lb), peeled and deveined
- sea salt
- canola oil or cooking spray
- cilantro leaves
- lime wedges, for serving
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 2 baking sheets with canola oil spray and arrange 4 tortillas on each. Spray tortillas with more oil, then bake until golden brown and crisp, (approximately 8 minutes). If you have a deep fryer; fry tortillas until crispy, season with salt immediately.
In a medium bowl, mash together avocados, red onion, 3 Tbsp. lime juice, cilantro. Season with salt.
RED CABBAGE SLAW
In a small bowl, toss cabbage and carrot with remaining 3 Tbsp. lime juice and 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, whisk together cumin, chile powder, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, and salt. Add shrimp and toss lightly to coat, then season generously with salt and pepper. Grill shrimp over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes per side, or until bright pink and cooked through.
Arrange tostadas on a platter and spread with avocado. Top with shrimp, slaw, cilantro leaves and serve with lime.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Yummy Christmas Mocktails Perfect for Christmas Dinner - November 12, 2018
- Candy Cane Pavlova - November 12, 2018
- Designer Space: Christmas Treasure Box - November 12, 2018