The goal of staging bedrooms is to set a tone that resonates with a buyer. They will be spending half their life in that room, so it should speak to them and touch their heart.
- In the Principal bedroom, ask yourself, does yours currently say “ownership, maturity, romance and comfort”? It should and here is how to achieve that.
- Start with extensive cleanliness, neutral warm paint colours and crisp white bedding. Add in 2 pops of colours such as soft blue and chocolate, this will create a feeling of coziness. Be sure though, to use colours that also work with the rest of the room.
- Keeping clutter to a minimum is very important. Remove all personal items from all surfaces and any evidence that this is your personal space.
- When it comes to lighting you can really amp up the wow factor by adding a gorgeous fixture over the bed. This will create that romantic feel and excite the female buyers because of its glam. Don’t forget the proper size lamps.
- Toss on a super soft throw and if you have hardwood be sure to soften the room with a great area rug. Add a chair in the corner and some neutral art with a shiny frame and you have the makings of a beautiful bedroom.
- Also be sure to keep your closet super organized and clean. Think of a department store shelf when you are folding clothes and remove everything off the floor. You are trying to create space in closets and this, plus a 50% declutter will do that.
Keep in mind that the property is not your space anymore. You want someone else to be so impressed that they buy it, so buy the new bedding, add the pop of colour, keep it neutral and you will send a message of “buy me!” every time!